Friday 17 April 2009

Last day of the holiday for me

Well, I could have asked for better weather for the last day of my holiday. The only plus was watching a robin and several sparrows take an opportune bath in the puddle that has formed on my path.

Thought I'd share the cards I made yesterday - they were all from kits. Not my usual preference (normally I'd make from scratch myself), but they came my way as freebies. Only took a few minutes and it's handy to have a few cards in. Well, my eldest turned 19 today - what better reason to bake more cupcakes. Yes, he had a happy birthday, in spite of the weather
I've been thinking about doing this for a while. Do you ever get or see an idea and find it necessary to mull it over for ages until you actually get round to doing anything about it?
Well, my task was to cover some buttons and make hair clips. So I gathered together my supplies.....

Oh yes, the pleasure of being a procrastinator is that it gives you loads of time to get organised. If that's your thing (and it's certainly mine).
I fought - no, that's not too strong a word - to cover the tiny buttons. The larger ones were much easier.

I had intended on making the clips on the right of the photo. After several abortive attempts, including felt, glue gun and superglue, I gave up after the first 2 shown here, and switched to the coluored barettes. Much more successful. I had planned to put them in my shop but I'm not sure they're going to make it.
The three buttons at the top have been made into magnets for a swap I'm taking part in, the other is a button covered with a piece of Japanese fabric featuring a fawn and made into a brooch.
Funny word, brooch.

Wren update - Mrs Wren didn't chose the nest Mr Wren built in my wreath, but she has chosen one in teh clematis that grows over the front porch. So I get to watch them come and go anyway and I have a lovely nest I can admire without worrying I'm disturbing the little ones. Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment