Sunday 7 June 2009

June already!

A nice start to 'flaming June', but the weather has turned a little today.

We had a wren disaster; the nest fell completely out of the centre of the wreath. I picked it up and the 5 babies were fortunately still under it, but they did a very good impression on kangaroos! Fast as I put them back in the nest, they jumped out again, but weren't quite ready to fly. It took a while to round them all up again

I found an old semi-circular hanging basket, put the nest and babies in and hung it back on the wall. Within 5 minutes, parents were back and feeding. They flegded 2 days later. Phew!

On the crafting front, I've made a bag for a colleague:

Lisa asked a while ago if I would make her a red bag. I don't do red usually, but I saw the fabric in Lexi Loves in Cirencester and immediately though of her.

Lisa wanted a bag to take on holiday that would hold all those bits you feel you have to take with you for the day - especially when you have children. Medium length handles means she can arry it in her hand or over the shoulder and the handles have padding to make them more comfy on those day trips.

Inside a slip pocket and a D ring with a clip for her keys, because I don't think there is anything more annoying than scrabbling around in the bottom of your bag for your keys. Guess that little point is comes from personal frustration (please tell me I'm not the only one who can't find her keys..........) .

Oh, and I made the pattern myself - yay! Not even based on another one; drawn all myself, so I'm feeling rather pleased with myself!

1 comment: