Thursday 19 March 2009

Spring is springing!

So I think we can say that spring is in the air!
At last I have a picture of my chickens; not terribly clear, but the best the camera I was using will do. (note to self - use different camera next time)
Penny at the front, Lucy in the middle and Totty (named by my daughter) at the back. Lucy is losing her feathers on one wing and has been like that since we got her; I'm not sure whether she's moulting, but this patch is definately naked!

Took Cassie for a run this afternoon. Usually I walk her early, half asleep before work, but as I was off today I decided to walk her a bit later. Cassie likes water; if I'm going to walk her and I don't want her to get wet, then I must STAY AWAY FROM PONDS. Not rocket science, but a good maxim to live by. Today I didn't care if she got wet, so she did:

By the time we got home, she was pretty dry (except for her ears) but she is now rather smelly. I feel a dousing with the hosepipe coming on........















Definate signs of spring; daffodils, celandines, daisies, dandelions and frog spawn! Some of this is in danger of drying out as the pond's water level is dropping quite dramatically.


















We usually end our walk on the village green (a bit of a misnomer really, because I most certainly don't live in a village - much as I would like to!) so Cassie can have a good run around with her ball. Her boredom threshold for this activity is way higher than mine - I have yet to throw it more times than she will fetch it.

Well, standing and throwing the ball, I watched a heron fly over, circle a few times and land right by the pond in the pictures above! I've put a photo in; it's quite awful really, but you can see the heron - just.


Made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment