Sunday 21 February 2010

Well, it's nearly finished.

Sorry about the skipped week; not sure how the last two weeks have got away from me (apart from the worky thing; always a pain!)

So, very little accomplished in the crafty domain, so decided to knuckle down and have a play!

Some weeks ago, I visited Reading and found Fabric Land. Naturally, I purchased a little (!) fabric, amongst which was some black 'coating' fabric. It has the feel of felt and behaves as felt does, not fraying when cut, and the label indicated some wool content.

Yesterday, my Aunt asked for a new bag. After her description, brain went into design mode and the following is the result. Now, Aunt, this is probably not what you had in mind, it's just what came into mine. This is not necessarily yours - unless you want it to be!
So, cut out two pieces like this, plus a bottom.
Flowers sewn on with freee motion machine stitch; pearly beads added to the centre
Pieces of fabric added to the triangular flaps (left one before embellisher, right one after)
And the almost complete bag

Almost completed because - and this will beggar belief for those who know me! - I don't have any black-based fabric for lining in my stash. None. Zip. Zilch.
Plan is that this will be a drawstring bag like DD made for her textiles exam, with the triangles gathering. Hmm, not sure how this will work in practice.
If Aunt doesn't want it, it will be in my shop as soon as it's done!




1 comment:

  1. Your bag is going to be great! Thanks for visiting my blog. Lucy x

    ReplyDelete